Mount Agung is one of the active volcanoes of Indonesia and the highest point in Bali. Its height is 3142 meters above the sea level. Local people believe that Gods live at the top of the volcano and call it «the greatest mountain». There are many legends associated with Mount Agung. They all tell us that the volcano defends the island from evil forces and tends to be the spiritual center of Bali. It can be seen almost from everywhere and it always arouses amazement.
Pilgrims and tourists have always aimed to win the volcano top. Mount Agung trekking in Bali is a real challenge even for well-trained people. You have to climb a steep rocky slope at 45 degree angle. The track takes from 4 to 6 hours and the same takes the way back. During all this time your knees a pressed hard.
But the sunrise on the top of the greatest mountain is worth it! There over the skies where Gods live, you are going to see how the Sun rises up and touches the Earth with its first beams. These are magic moments! You can also look in the abyss at the top – in the crater of the volcano. But as you perceive the space here in a different way, it’s hard to understand how wide and deep it is in real.
Also you can climb with us on the top of Batur, Ijen and Bromo volcanoes and enjoy amazing dawns almost the first one on the planet!
Climbing to Agung (private tour) - medium routeTrip day: everyday, medium route length - 10,2 km, medium difficulty level
- 26% from 4 pax * - 22% from 3 pax *
1 150 000 idr
900 000 idr
850 000 idr
|850 000 idr Details Book|
Climbing to Agung (private tour) - long routeTrip day: everyday, long route - 14,5 km, difficult level
- 27% from 4 pax * - 19% from 3 pax *
1 350 000 idr
1 100 000 idr
990 000 idr
|990 000 idr Details Book|
Climbing to Agung (private tour) - short routeTrip day: everyday, short route - 8,4 km, medium difficulty level
- 30% from 4 pax * - 20% from 3 pax *
990 000 idr
790 000 idr
690 000 idr
|690 000 idr Details Book|
What To Expect
Transfer to the Volcano
Transfer, provided by Bali Happy transport company, arrives at a scheduled time. You should wait for the car at the reception of the hotel or in front of the villa. When everyone gathers, the trip to the bottom of Mount Agung starts. The guide will meet you at the parking. He provides you with flashlights for the hike.
Climbing Mount Agung
Climbing Mount Agung starts at midnight from Pura Pasar Agung. The path will bring you up to 3142 meters above sea level. It takes around 4.5 to 5.5 hours to get to the summit. You will make a first break after 45 minutes of trekking. The subsequent number of stops during the trek depends on the physical stamina of the participants. In the first two hours you will complete two-thirds of the way. The rest is the most difficult part of the trek - a steep rocky slope with a 48 degree angle and the elevation gain of 1500 meters.
At dawn you will reach the top of the volcano. Light sweet snacks will be served for you here - Beng Beng bars, goodtimes cookies, fried banana and coffee or tea. You will have an hour to enjoy the breathtaking view and take photos. Then you will start your way back to the bottom, which also takes around 4.5 to 5.5 hours. The driver will meet you at the parking area.
- according to clause 7.3.3 of the User Agreement, MyBaliTrips.com is not responsible for the weather conditions on the dates of your ascent. The weather at Agunga Volcano Caldera is unpredictable and fog, rain and low visibility can take place while trekking, especially during the rainy season;
- you are required to take proper clothes and shoes with you. The route to the summit of Agung passes through several areas: from the dense jungle at the foot to the slippery rocks at the top;
- there is a small local store at the trek starting point, where you can buy mineral water and snacks before the ascent. Payment can be made in cash only;
- the track to Agung goes through several areas: starting from the deep jungle to the steep rocks at the top;
- people with joint and heart diseases are not recommended to climb the volcano.
Valerii P. 22.05.2023Agung (company: Bali Happy)SuperДобрый вечер! Все дошли до вершины и вернулись, было супер ?? Очень красиво и гиды молодцы :) Но! Я не первый раз в горах и это достаточно сложный подъем, для которого нужна специальная экипировка. Обычные спортивные кроссовки не подходят - на таких скалах в них подвернуть ногу как нечего делать, лучше писать что нужна трекинговая обувь. И флиски и ветровки на вершине явно не достаточно - пуховик будет в самый раз )) А еще теплая шапка и перчатки ) Лучше все это прописать, чтобы люди шли подготовленными ) Мы конечно кайфанули, но если бы были более осведомленными, получили бы больше удовольствия )I RECOMMENDED THIS TOUR
- We give a refund for the service retaining 10% of the payment amount, if the customer makes the cancellation at least 48 hours before the event starts or if there is an official document on hospitalization from the hospital.
- Refunds are made at the exchange rate set by the Bank of Indonesia on the day of payment.
- We give a full refund in case the provider can't render the service.
- We review the issue of a refund up to 5 business days from the date of costumer's application.
- We provide a refund within 5 banking days from the moment the decision on the return is agreed.
- booking by prepayment: 850 000 idr/pax
- you can pay online with VISA, MasterCard, PayPal
- you can pay by cash in shops Alfamart
The tour includes:
- transfer service
- English speaking driver
- tour guide
- entrance ticket
- trekking poles
- surcharges for transfer from remote areas, the amount must be checked with the manager
- porter service
- comfortable shoes (sneakers / trekking boots)
- warm clothes ( a jacket / a hoodie/ pants)
- change t-shirt
- blanket (optional)
- high-carb snack during the climb
- drinking water
- raincoat ( in the rainy season)
People also choose
from 2 850 000 idr
Diving with manta raysDiving with giant manta rays and mola mola fish
from 850 000 idr
Sunrise the top of Batur and visiting the “village of the dead”Dawn on the volcano Batur, the mystical "village of the dead" and the water temple
from 700 000 idr
Ubud tour and bird parkUbud sightseeing tour: bird park, temple, waterfall, monkey forest, coffee plantations, rice terraces