How to arrive to Bali in 2022
UPDATE: Since 16 April 2022 the price of a VOA has changed. The price of a visa will be 1,500,000 rupees for the purpose of tourism
UPDATE: Since 6 April 2022 43 Nationalities can obtain a VoA, if they arrive directly in Bali.
UPDATE: Since March 2022 quarantine has been canceled in Bali.
ATTENTION! THE INFORMATION IS VALID FOR APRIL 2022
It seems COVID-19 is leaving and several countries are relaxing and even canceling their restrictions. Luckily, Bali is not an exception. Bali is ready to welcome tourists!
Visa on Arrival is back
Since 6 April 2022 Visa On Arrival (VoA) is available for 43 nationalities, if they arrive directly in Bali *(Full list of countries is in the end of the article). Initially in March VoA became approved for 23 countries, then the list was extended.
How to get a VoA:
- No need to do anything in your home country
- Passport must be valid at least 6 months
- Take a queue at VoA Counter in International Airport Ngurah Rai (e.g. DPS Denpasar) in the Arrival hall (before going to immigration counters)
- Pay $105 (or IDR 1 500,000)
- Provide return ticket or ticket to continue traveling to other country
- Go to immigration counter and show your passport with the receipt (there is a separate queue for VoA, which is faster!)
Can I enter Bali if my country is not on the list?
If your country is not on this list, you are not allowed to enter with a VoA. But you still can arrive in Bali with another type of visa.
- Apply for tourist or business visa B211 in advance in your home country or other country outside Indonesia
- Single-entry eVisa B211 is valid for 60 days and can be extended 4-times in 30 days each time. The date of issue is the first day the visa is valid
- Visa application is submitted online, which means you don’t need to visit the embassy
- For visa application, you need to provide 2 doses vaccination certificate. Indonesia recognizes all available vaccines in the world
- After getting your visa, you can buy a ticket to Jakarta or directly to Bali. Get a return ticket or ticket to a third country. For a B211A visa, a ticket is required no later than 59 days after entering Indonesia
Standard visa preparation time - 10 working days, urgently - 5 working days. Price is starting from $259. The company undertakes the execution of a full package of documents, pays the consular fee and all administrative fees. You don’t have to pay anything more at the airport upon arrival.
What are current COVID requirements in Bali?
- A PCR test must be taken in 48 hours prior to departure from the first point of your single ticket to Indonesia. Children are also required to have the test done. PCR test in English with a seal or a QR code. It does not have to be original on the original form, it can be printed from the mail, black and white or in color.
- Fully vaccinated travelers with 2 or more doses do not need to take a PCR test on arrival. They are free to continue their trip. But if there are any symptoms of COVID-19 or body temperature is above 37.5 degrees, you must undergo PCR test upon arrival. The vaccination certificate must be in English and in the language of the country where you were vaccinated. A minimum of 14 days must elapse from the date of full vaccination. There is no maximum limit for a vaccination certificate in Indonesia.
- 1 dose vaccinated tourists have to stay in a CHSE hotel for 5 days quarantine.
- Kids below 18 years old follow the vaccination status of their parents.
- Travelers, who had a positive PCR test within 30 days before departure and can show an official letter that they are recovered, are exempted to show a vaccination certificate or negative PCR test.
- Peduli Lindungi application installed on your phone. You should register in it.
- Insurance with at least $25,000 coverage, including funding for COVID-19 treatment.
What is a current COVID situation in Bali?
The coronavirus situation in Bali remains stable. The WHO has not officially banned travel in Southeast Asia. Restaurants, cafes, hotels, supermarkets are open. Clubs have begun to open in Bali, live music concerts and parties are held. New cafés and restaurants are opening.
Shopping malls are allowed in compliance with health protocols (checking the vaccination certificate at the entrance). Public facilities and attractions (parks, tourist attractions, beaches) reopen in stages.
For local air travel, land and sea trips to and from Bali a full vaccination certificate is required. With booster vaccination - no PCR tests or antigen required. With one dose vaccination - PCR test is needed. For kids under 6 years old PCR test is not needed.
Wearing masks is mandatory on the streets and in institutions in Bali.
*The list of nationalities that can obtain a VoA (last update - 6 April 2022)
- Brunei Darussalam
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America